Sunday, October 25, 2009

http://www.wind-works.org/articles/vortec.html

Comments on the Vortec Diffuser Augmented Turbine

The following pages include news reports and comments on the Vortec Diffuser Augmented Turbine that was being developed in New Zealand. My comments are contained in some of the news articles. I was critical of the development of this wind turbine for several reasons: excessive hype, questionable sales of stock, and the aggressive style of the company's promoter. In a meeting with New Zealand's then Minister of Energy I was asked about Vortec. I replied, "I hope you haven't put any of your own money in it." The Minister replied, "I've put the government's money into it." I said, "Don't put any more" and changed the subject. In one newspaper interview with the company's promoter he threatend to "strangle Gipe when I see him next" after some very critical comments of mine appeared in the press.--Paul Gipe


Status of Vortec 7 project by Thomas Ackermann (1998).
Turbine company runs out of puff by Melanie Carroll (2001)
Vortec closure no surprise by Geoff Henderson (2001)
Vortec home page in July, 1997
Concentrating Windsystems - Sense or Nonsense? Comments on Vortec 7 by Heiner Doerner


back to Archive of Articles

No comments: