Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Tuulikute valmistamise foorum www.fieldlines.com

FAQ: Homebrewed Electricity FAQ



Batteries -- Can I use car batteries in my solar/wind RE system?
car batteries are not a good choice for this type of an application.
DETAILS >> (0 Comments) [Top]


Batteries -- How can I get the longest life from my Batteries
Maintenance of your Battery Bank
DETAILS >> [Top]


Batteries -- How do I take care of my Flooded Lead Acid Batteries
Maintenence, care and testing of lead acid batteries
DETAILS >> [Top]


Batteries -- What voltage should my SLA battery read when fully charged?
This question gets asked allot along with a few other SLA (Sealed Lead Acid) related questions.
DETAILS >> (0 Comments) [Top]


Blade-Carving 101
Detailed
DETAILS >> (2 Comments) [Top]


Can I charge a 12v battery with a 9v power source
no current will flow into the battery until the voltage from the charger exceeds the voltage of the battery
DETAILS >> (0 Comments) [Top]


coils coils coils
for your coil questions look here
DETAILS >> (0 Comments) [Top]


everything you wanted to know about magnetism but were to repulsed to ask
for all those magnetics questions look here
DETAILS >> (0 Comments) [Top]


How can I put a Picture into my Story or Comment ?
Detailed instructions for including pictures into your Postings and Comments
DETAILS >> (0 Comments) [Top]


How is the wild 3-phase AC output of a wind turbine converted to DC for battery charging?
With bridge rectifiers mounted to a heat sink, read on......
DETAILS >> (0 Comments) [Top]


Starting the Listeroid diesel
when it's really cold....
DETAILS >> (0 Comments) [Top]


Systems -- Fuses and Circuit Breakers -- where do I put them in a system?
For safety's sake, there are different places to put them, with different types of fuses and breakers required.
DETAILS >> (0 Comments) [Top]


what happens when I hook a 30v power source to a 12v battery
the battery pulls the source voltege down to its level
DETAILS >> (0 Comments) [Top]


Wind - Can I convert a gas-powered portable generator into a wind turbine by removing the engine?
No. The alternator used on portable gensets just will not work for a wind turbine, because....
DETAILS >> [Top]


Wind -- Can I use a car alternator to build a wind generator?
You could...but they are poorly-suited for the task, requiring high rpms to make power, and have other problems.
DETAILS >> (0 Comments) [Top]


Wind -- Can I use a car voltage regulator to regulate my wind generator?
No, vehicle voltage regulators are built to perform a completely different function.
DETAILS >> (0 Comments) [Top]


Wind -- How do I regulate voltage from my windmill to my battery bank?
The batteries actually regulate themselves, UNTIL they get full. At that point you must start diverting power to a Dump Load.
DETAILS >> (0 Comments) [Top]


Wind -- How do you get the windmill power down the tower, since the mill yaws into the wind?
Commercial slip rings are expensive...you can build your own, or go with a simple "pendant cable." Read on....
DETAILS >> (0 Comments) [Top]

No comments: