Sunday, October 25, 2009

http://www.wind-works.org/LargeTurbines/CommunityCollegesOffering%20Wind%20Courses%20in%20North%20America.html

Community Colleges Offering Wind Courses in North America
August 13, 2009

By Paul Gipe

Because of the rapidly growing demand for windsmiths (wind energy technicians) in North America, several community colleges have begun offering associate degree programs.

Several of these programs, or specific classes within these programs, use my books as part of their course materials.

I am providing the table below of the programs I know about or those who have contacted about developing such programs. There may be more. Please feel free to send along contacts that I haven't listed.

Due to the growth of wind energy programs at community colleges in the US and Canada, my publisher, Chelsea Green, has hired an academic consultant to help community colleges with course materials. Please contact Jane O'Boyle, 843-762-0043, if you have questions.

In addition, several community colleges have been developing their own course materials from my books. It's my wish that that these materials be shared among all the programs in a free exchange.

I also offer full-day workshops (6 hours) on wind energy for hire. See my workshop pages for details.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Community Colleges Offering Wind Courses in North America Contacts
Wind Power Teaching Support Materials Exchange
-End-

No comments: